What is UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme) Funding?
Union Training Assistance Program (UTAP) is an individual skills upgrading account for NTUC members. This is to encourage members to take up training and skills upgrading.
How will this affect me?
From 1st May 2017 till 31st Mar 2018, NTUC members can enjoy up to $250 of funding per calendar year on selective courses, on top of any existing SkillsFuture Credits.
As a union member, you can enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support, capped at $250 per calendar year. This excludes GST, registration fees etc.
Which courses are eligible for this funding?
Eligible courses are as follow. Click to view full course outline / details.
- Integrated Digital Marketing Strategies
- Fast Track Digital Marketing Training
- Content Marketing for Web, Mobile & Social Media
- Social Media and Online PR Training
- Fast Track to Becoming a Human Resource Professional
- Understanding Financial Statements & Annual Reports
- The Nuts & Bolts of Market Research
- Essentials of Finance & Management Accounting for Non-Finance Professionals
- Strategic Financial Planning & Capital Budgeting
- Strategies of Event Marketing & Sponsorship
- Perfecting the Media Pitch
- Planning & Managing Events
- Marketing Creativity
- Art of Presenting with Charts & Figures
- Amazing Sticky Presentations – Presenting Complex Information in Simple, Effective & Exciting Ways
- Contract Law - Understanding the Concepts of a Contract
- Practical Strategies for Supervising Others
Who is eligible for UTAP funding?
As long as you are an NTUC member, you can apply for UTAP. However, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Paid-up union membership before course commenced, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim
- Course by training provider must be supported under UTAP, and training must commence within the supported period
- Course must not be funded through company sponsorship or other types of funding
- Unfunded course fee must be S$20.00 and above
- You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be submitted within 6 months after course end
How can I apply for UTAP?
Apply UTAP via http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg within 6 months after the course ends. Late application will be rejected.
View Step-by-Step Application Guide here
When can I receive my claims?
If you have completed your claim successfully and fulfilled the claim criteria, you should receive your claim(s) in 4 to 6 weeks after the submission of the relevant information, either by cheque or GIRO.
For audit purpose, you may be required to submit relevant documents such as course fee receipt, certificate etc as and when requested by NTUC. Failure to do so may result in claim delay, or rejection.