COVID-19: Employers Obligation with Termination, Dismissal and Retrenchment NEW VIRTUAL LEARNING
Why You Should Attend This Course:
COVID-19 saga has created havoc and problems for many employers. Employers must practice care and caution when exercising termination, dismissal and retrenchment issues.
The course will explore how to handle such difficult issues, during this difficult time, and finding an amicable solution.
- Resolving termination dismissal and retrenchment issues during the COVID-19
- Employers rights and obligations during the COVID-19 period
- Dealing with difficult issues during COVID-19 and finding solution for SME
- Employer concerns, when it is employer-initiated termination
- Dealing with employee-initiated termination
- Terminate employees without facing any legal issues
- Can employers retrench employees during the COVID-19 period?
- Conducting inquiry when dealing with dismissal
- Handling evidence and fact finding
- Using leave and/or no pay leave, can employee ask for early termination?
- Case studies and discussion
David Shanmugam is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. He holds a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of London and Master of Business Administration degree from Victoria University. He has many years of legal experience in the private sector and is presently working in a law firm. Over the years, he has conducted legal training for the corporate sector on the various practical legal issues facing the corporate field and has lectured for many training institutions on Business and Company Law, in particular. He currently conducts seminars and workshops regularly for Directors, HR and Finance Professionals.
14 Jul 2020
- Time: 10 - 1 pm (3 hours)
* Individuals (Non-members) : Free membership (20% discount)
Individuals (Members) : 20% + 10%
* Corporate (Non-members) : 20%
Corporate (Members) : 20% + 10%
Any sign up of 5 or more participants : Additional 5% group discount