COVID-19 – New COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Legal Impact on contracts NEW VIRTUAL LEARNING
Why You Should Attend This Course:
- The objective of the Act and the outcome.
- Types of relief granted to the different types of contracts and the legal implications
- The various method of disputes to be settled and negotiated
- Why was the Act passed and its objective?
- What are the temporary relief granted to companies?
- Can contract be terminated or delayed? If so, how?
- Granting of relief for supply and/or construction contract
- Granting of relief for hire-purchase agreement or conditional sales agreement
- If it is an Event contract, what are your contractual obligations?
- Other legal obligations in supply and or construction contracts; what reliefs can be obtained?
- If it is a lease or licence of non-residential immoveable property, how it should be handled pursuant to the Act?
- Can contracts be terminated because of non-performance?
- Can you raise the doctrine of force majeure as a defence in the light of the circuit breaker period?
- Role of the Assessor and the dispute settling mechanism
- Case studies and discussions
David Shanugam is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. He holds a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of London and Master of Business Administration degree from Victoria University. He has many years of legal experience in the private sector and is presently working in a law firm. Over the years, he has conducted legal training for the corporate sector on the various practical legal issues facing the corporate field and has lectured for many training institutions on Business and Company Law, in particular. He currently conducts seminars and workshops regularly for Directors, HR and Finance Professionals.
13 Jul 2020
- Time: 10 - 1 pm (3 hours)
* Individuals (Non-members) : Free membership (20% discount)
Individuals (Members) : 20% + 10%
* Corporate (Non-members) : 20%
Corporate (Members) : 20% + 10%
Any sign up of 5 or more participants : Additional 5% group discount