Interpersonal Behavioural Skills NEW VIRTUAL LEARNING
Why You Should Attend This Course:
Welcome to the “Communication - Interpersonal Behavioural Skills” workshop. For most part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give to your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look that you give to the cat, it all means something. And quite often, we have all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. This workshop will help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them. It will also help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing excellent communication skills, making an impact, and advice on starting and maintaining engaging conversations.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand what communication is and identify ways that communication can happen
2. Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
3. Develop their non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills
4. Use the S.T.A.R. method to speak on the spot
5. Listen actively and effectively and ask good questions
6. Use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
7. Adeptly converse and network with others
8. Identify and mitigate precipitating factors
9. Establish common ground with others, and use of “I” messages
1. Introduction to Programme
2. The Big Picture
a. What is Communication?
b. How do we Communicate?
c. Other Factors in Communication
- Understanding Communication Barriers
- An Overview of Common Barriers
- b. Language Barriers
- Cultural Barriers
- Differences in Time and Place
4. Paraverbal Communication Skills
a. The Power of Pitch
b. The Truth about Tona
c. The Strength of Speed
5. Non-Verbal Communication
a. Understanding the Mehrabian Study
b. All about Body Language
c. Interpreting Gestures
6. Speaking like a STAR
7. Listening Skills
a. Seven ways to listen better today
b. Understanding active listening
c. Sending good signals to others
8. Asking Good questions
a. Open questions
b. Closed questions
c. Probing questions
Ivan Phua – A dedicated professional in Learning and Development, Ivan has been involved with the design, development and implementation of Leadership and People Management and Service Excellence training programmes in various industries.
With his easy-going and relational communication styles, Ivan is able to build rapport with participants instantly and draws out key learning concepts for effective learning. He is creative, dynamic and he inspires clients to improve their performance by changing their attitudes and developing their skills and knowledge. He brings the best out of them through critical thinking; solving issues by analysing the situation, identifying viable solutions, deciding the right approach to achieve the desired outcome or the "aha" moments.
Ivan has conducted numerous Corporate and Public Workshops, Learning Journeys for Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL), coaching sessions, Personality and Career Profiling and consultations. He has trained staff from different industries on Change Management, Conflict Resolution, Critical Thinking, Customer Service Excellence, Leadership and Influence, Mindfulness, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking, Stakeholder Engagement, Stress Management and Team Building. His clientele ranges from Corporations, ATOs, CET Centres, F&B, Retail and Service Chains, Education Institutions and others.
- Time: 9am - 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 20% Discount
- Register for 5 or more participants to enjoy 5% Group Discount